Your Spring Treatment provides:
- Fertilization – a specially blended fertilizer designed to fit your lawn’s needs and to enhance root development which promotes a thickening of the turf and a healthy, green color. Our company performs soil testing to determine your lawn’s nutrient levels and design our custom-blended fertilizer to fit your lawn’s requirements.
- Liquid Weed Control – is spot-sprayed in every service only where weeds are present and not broadcast over the entire lawn. A sticking agent is added so that if a rainfall comes after the treatment, the control will still be effective.
- Strong application of Pre-Emergent Crabgrass and other Annual Weed Grasses Control. Tupersan Crabgrass Control is used, if seeding is done.
- Spot-seeding and tool spiking in bare and thin areas. Seed blended for sunny or shady areas right on the job.
- **Extra Work (extra seed, core aeration, rolling, seed aeration, soil stabilizer, thatching , topdressing and verticutting) is performed as needed and is an extra charge.
Caution: To avoid possible skin or eye irritation, do not walk without shoes or allow children or pets to play on your lawn until the products just applied have been watered in.
1. If your lawn has received a ½ inch or more of rain after our service application, then the products are properly watered in. If there is no rainfall, then you need to apply a ½ inch of water; preferably before you mow your lawn, especially if you are not recycling the grass clippings.
2. If there is no measurable rainfall for 10 to 14 days, make sure you provide a deep 4 to 6 inch soaking. For customers with sprinkler systems, when you start watering you will need to water three times a week to ensure that each zone is properly watered. Please do not set the sprinkler to come on the day your lawn is scheduled to be mowed.
3. If seeding has been performed on your lawn this Spring, please lightly water those areas once a day, twice a day when possible. This is advisable during the first month to allow the newly-seeded areas to fill in as soon as possible.
1. Wait at least 24 hours after your lawn service is completed to mow your lawn.
2. Pick up all debris on the lawn before cutting.
3. Use a sharp blade – keeping the mower blades sharp allows for a good clean cut and lessens shock to the grass plant. For good results a rotary mower should be sharpened monthly.
4. Mow at the proper height – We recommend adjusting your lawn mower up to 4 inches for regular-sized lawns or 4 to 4-1/2 inches for larger lawns. Mowing the lawn higher will increase root depth and retain moisture longer and helps to reduce weed and disease development. In addition, it makes mulching clippings easier by providing more air space between the mowing blade and the soil. If you have someone mowing your lawn for you, please make sure to tell him to mow at this height.
5. Check and make sure all wheels on your mower are set at the same height- refer to your lawn mower owner’s manual for the proper number setting to obtain desired cutting height. We have found that most homeowners are cutting their lawns shorter than they think. If you have any questions concerning this matter, please call our office.
6. Mow with regularity – mowing often enough so that less than one-third of the blade is removed will allow the plant to maintain maximum growth, appearance and health.
7. Alternate mowing directions – alternating the direction of a cut can deter compaction problems and enhance the overall appearance of the lawn.
8. Try to mow your lawn only when it is completely dry. It will be easier on your grass, on your mower and on you.
9. Grass clippings consist of water and nutrients. Recycling or mulching clippings returns moisture and nutrients back to the soil, requiring less fertilizer and watering for your lawn. During the Spring’s rapid growth period to avoid excessive clippings not being properly factionalized on your lawn, we would advise mowing your lawn every five days until the rate of grass growth slows, usually in early June. If bad weather prohibits your normal mowing schedule, you may bag or collect grass clippings a few times and it will not affect your soil’s moisture or nutrient levels.
If a sign has been placed on your lawn, please remove the sign after the lawn products have been watered in or after 72 hours whichever occurs first. Then, properly dispose of the sign or keep it for reuse with the next service.
We are now using email to alert our customers about drought regulations, watering requirements and other crucial issues that arise throughout the season and we want to be sure all of our customers are on our email list. If you have not already provided it, please give us your email address or any new or updated email address you have. Contact us at Finolawn@gmail.com or on 302-792-2201.
Finocchiaro Lawn & Landscape is not responsible for conditions on your lawn which are beyond our control, such as extended high temperatures, drought damage, mandatory watering restrictions (if applicable) and customers not following watering and mowing instructions which are printed on each service bulletin or available anytime online at our website.
For further information on any of these topics, please ask our technician or visit our website, www.finolandco.com.
Finocchiaro Lawn & Landscape, Inc Rev. 3/2018